200 kW – 30,000 kW
ISA-TS – IGBT based Medium Voltage advanced Soft Starter – The first of its kind
Designed for applications that require low starting current and high starting torque.
Why did we developed another type of starter?
- The available starting torque is significantly higher compared to conventional methods with reduced voltage.
- Some grids cannot tolerate even e.g. “only” three times nominal motor current – ISA-TS can be set to a starting current even below nominal.
- The run-up characteristic is freely adjustable regarding run-up time and acceleration ramp.
- The motor is operated at its nominal slip frequency during the whole starting process.
- The motor can be started any number of times without suffering from thermal stress.
- In case of a power supply interruption the motor can be “caught” at any speed, re-accelerated to line frequency and synchronized again.
Your cost savings
- Significantly lower price compared to a medium voltage VFD of similar starting and stopping performance.
- Integrated bypass avoids losses during continuous operation direct on line, thus saving operational costs.
- Reduction of peak power demand from the grid
- Optionally integrated incoming disconnector switch with no increase in cabinet size
- No need for a cooling system, only natural convection – no maintenance, no noise, no moving parts
- Streamlined design translates into at least 50 % reduction in footprint compared to a VFD with equivalent performance
Industries and Applications
Water/waste water pumps
Oil and gas
Screw type pumps
All types of compressors
Refrigerating compressors – even against full system pressure
Mixers and extruders
Compressors for air separation plants
Blast furnace blowers
Fans and blowers
Ball mills and vertical mills
Positioning drives for floating platforms