8–1,100 A and 200–690 V
ISA-DS Digital Soft Starter with a built-in bypass
- LCD – 2 lines of 16 characters each
- Selectable languages – english, german, french and spanish
- 4 LEDs – On, Run, Ramp up/down and fault
- Statistical data: start, stop and fault parameters
- Full script parameter settings
- Opto isolated inputs
- Auxiliary relays: fault, end of accelerationor immediate (programmable)
- Local and remote reset
- RS 485 Modbus Communications for full control, display and programming
- Future enhancements: analogue I/O card with thermistor input
- Soft start and soft stop
- Current limit
- Pump control program
- Torque and Current Control for optimized starting and stopping process
- Dual adjustments – two starting and stopping characteristics
- Pulse start
- Slow speed with electronic reversing
- Too many starts
- Shear Pin (start, run, jam)
- Electronic overload with selectable curves
- Under current
- Phase loss and phase sequence
- Under, over and no voltage
- Load loss (motor not connected)
- Thyristor bypass
- Starter over-temperature
- External fault (input programmable)
- Thyristor protection by varistors
- RS 485 Communication
- Analogue output
- Thermistor input
- Special anti-corrosive treatment – special coating for harsh enviroments
- Remote display
- Profibus / Modbus
|Starter Type||kW at 400 V||Width (mm)||Height (mm)||Depth (mm)||Weight (kg)|
**Dimensions and weights for ISA-DS EX are different
1) Only for ISA-DS EX. Test performed by TÜV Rheinland: 194/Ex449.01/07
The voltage increases linearly from the “Initial Voltage“ pre selected point. If the adjusted “Current Limit” is reached, the voltage will stop ramping and remain at its level until the current is reduced below the adjusted “Current Limit“ level. In that case ramp up time is prolonged until the current has reduced below “Current Limit” level
Although the current is limited the motor provides suitable torque to accelerate the driven load and reach “End of acceleration”. If the motor torque does not exceed the load torque the motor will not start. In the so rare cases severe damages might occur to the motor and starter.
Motor start measured with an oscilloscope
(Ch1, voltage; Ch2-4 current L1 – L3)
The oscillogram shows, the soft starter providing a smooth and stepless current and voltage ramp to the motor. The voltage ramps up until “Current Limit” is reached. After the motor is at nominal speed, the current will decrease, to the nominal motor current.
Our digital Soft Starters line of products ISA-D, ISA-DS and ISA-HD provide an advanced microprocessor based control algorithm, enabling the sophisticated pump control feature. The motor torque is continuously monitored to eliminate peak
torque from stressing the motor, pump and pipe system. These soft starters provide 3 field selectable pump control algorithms.
Pump and special load control
Two major problems are associated with starting and stopping of pumps.
Over-pressure during starting
The sharp increase of torque towards the end of acceleration can cause high pressure and damage the pipe system. The pump control enables selection between three voltage ramp-up curves as well as torque curve to reduce peak torque. Current ramp is available for special loads.
Water hammer during stopping
During soft stop, when voltage is decreasing, motor torque may fall below load torque causing abrupt stalling instead of smoothly decreasing speed to zero. This creates the “water hammer” phenomenon (resulting in a loud noise and damage to the pipe system). The pump control algorithm enables selection between three voltage ramp-down curves or torque curve pre venting stall condition and eliminating water hammer.
- Illuminated LCD with 2 lines of 16 characters each
- Selectable languages: English, German, French or Spanish (aditional on request)
- The LCD indicates the motor current, fault descriptions and statistical data.
- The LEDs provide a quick status indication. (control voltage on, motor soft start, motor on, motor soft stop, motor stop, fault)
- Easy settings by six clearly marked keys, user-friendly software with factory default parameters.
Communication RS 485
RS 485 with MODBUS or PROFIBUS protocol enable:
- Remote (start, stop, etc.)
- Monitoring (motor current, faults, statistical data)
- Remote parameter setting
- Remote reset
Analogue option card
- Function 1: Thermistor-input, PTC or NTC
- Function 2: Analogue-output, based on the motor current, programmable from 0 – 10 VDC, 4 – 20 mA, 0 – 20 mA or inverted
Motor insulation option card
This unique feature guarantees the availability of important plant components, such as ﬁre-extinguishing systems, redundant systems as well as submersible pumps. The system measures the motor insulation level while the motor is not in operation. Two programmable steps are available:
- Alarm-Level, adjustable 0,2 – 5 MOhm
- Start inhibit, adjustable 0,2 – 5 MOhm, avoids motor starting if the insulation is below the critical level.
- This reliable components bypass the power electronics after the motor is at speed.
- In addition the starters provide an auxiliary contact, allowing signaling of a successful motor start.
Attention! Many of our competitors call these auxiliary relays “a bypass contact”!
- The bypass function reduces the heat dissipation and eliminates the EMC load of the system.